What characteristics make up a successful sales representative? Arguably there is not a right or wrong answer to this question. In my experience the following characteristics are at the top of the list.
1. Communication - the ability to develop relationships and earn the trust of your customer.
2. Passion - if the customer or prospect does not believe you stand behind your product or service, they will not buy from you.
3. Competitive - a natural drive to succeed along with the desire to out perform other companies contending for your customers' or prospects' business.
4. Organized - being responsive to customers and prospects within their schedule.
5. Team Player - complete execution of the solution involves multiple people and they must all be willing to work together.